Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Tried to reset the fuel warning light but it's still on, on

Customer Question

Tried to reset the fuel warning light but it's still on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: on the dashboard, the fuel symbol is on
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Toyota hilux D4-D
JA: What year is your Toyota?
Customer: 3.0L
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2008
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, we are in East Timor and i am having issues with my mechanics, i am not a mechanic but due to the language barrier I find myself going to google a lot just to figure out things, it's frustrating
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we have replaced the filter and did the following:
1 kept the top sensor unplugged
2 Started (idle)
3 Re-connected the top connector (quickly)
4 switched off and start again, but it didn't do anything
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

This is most likely a faulty fuel level sending unit in the fuel tank. The voltage needs to be checked for voltage from the sending unit to the gage at the dash and if absent, replace the sending unit

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Eric,
need more time to get my mechanics to have a look at the sending unit in the fuel tank.
Will let you know.
cheers
Sandra
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

Ok, sounds good

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?