sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have just fitted a new battery into my partners Nissan

Customer Question

Hi there I have just fitted a new battery into my partners Nissan Juke and it is now asking for the Yates Hi i have just fitted a new bettry into my partners Nissan Juke and it is now asking for the security system code to start it how ever it is not in the book
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no as the dash lights are bright and we were advised by the AA to replace the battery when we turn the ignition key it is doing nothing except for asking for a security system code on the main display which we do not have have you any suggestions please
JA: What year is your JUKE?
Customer: September 2011
JA: Are you fixing your JUKE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Basically all I have done is taken the old battery off and fitted a new one of adentical type supplied by a reputable battery supplier
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really just need to see if we can get the system code or if he can tell us where we can find it on the car if it's there thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The vehicle registration is NL61 OTU
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you don't have the code then it would need to be obtained from your dealer. You'll want to see your dealer with the vehicle's VIN and proof of ownership, and as long as their internal security policy allows they'll be able to release the code to you.