Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

The tailgate latch on my Ford Focus Estate 2005 is jammed, I

Customer Question

the tailgate latch on my Ford Focus Estate 2005 is jammed, I cannot open it.
The fob does not open nor the outside button. I hear a click but does not open.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try pushing and pulling on the tail gate up and down while trying to open/release it with the fob or inside button and see if it releases then as sometimes it can jam up.If this does not work most likely the latch itself is at fault needing replaced.I have seen the latch fail in the past before needing replaced to correct this type of fault here.In allot of cases this can require a dealer or lock smith to access/release the latch for replacement.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello , I received an answer for my question from another person.
I must have done something incorrect at the beginning.
see order ID 16639164-230 you appear to have another prder number.
The ford specialist did have a correct and valid answer.
Yours appears to be a general answer. Don't you think I wouls have tried pushing and pulling
whilst pressing the key fob?
The fault lies with the latch itself and the is a release after removing several items.
I do hope I will not be charged for 2 answers.
Regards Andy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I will send this to customer service.

Thanks Pete