sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

2006 ram 2500 5.9l cummins, we are a mecchanic work shop, we

Customer Question

HELLO JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge? Customer: 2006 ram 2500 5.9l cummins JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far? Customer: we are a mecchanic work shop JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you? Customer: we change the ecm computer and there is a problem with the check engine light is always on JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? Customer: and we thought that it was a problem with the abs modul. we also change it but the problem is always here, we do a snap on check and it appears a lot of defaulst on the ecm computer I can send pictures if you want

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It looks as though proper programming steps have not been completed. The SKIM functions haven't been programmed with a dealer scan tool, correct?

The pinion factor was not programmed, correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Yes you're right. unfortunately here in New Caledonia the only one dodge dealer is not able to program the ecm so we found a dealer in canada where we bought an ecm programed by the vin.

I contact the dealer and explain to us yhat we can program by ourself with the hpo tuner if we can read out the file but we can't. Have we got an other things to do? or do We have to return the ecm to my supplier?

The ECM needs to be programmed to the vehicle using a dealer level scan tool after it's on the truck. You're either going to need a shop or dealer to come to you with the equipment to program, or you'll need to get the truck to a dealer or shop that has the capability.