Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Changed the alternator and it still is not charging, Vario

Customer Question

Changed the alternator and it still is not charging
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: Vario van 814d. 1998
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have put a new alternator on there re o lights to indicate no charge but the batter drains down
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Warning lights etc. on the dash
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I pay for this..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still no answer from you.....?. Please cancel all tranactions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked for any blown fuses this needs done.If any fuses are found to be at fault this will need corrected.If all fuses are checked and found o.k. check for any broken or damaged wiring leading to and from the alternator needing repaired.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete