Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have a 2005 Ford Mondeo With a right tail light problem

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Ford Mondeo With a right tail light problem (not the bulbs, and no Power to the socket) and both the heated seats does not work (the switch have lights)
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: I believe it is consistent
JA: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. So far I have Done nothing With the seats, but tried to fix the tail light With no success so far: Tried to change the bulbs, but all Three is out (brake is working and blinker is working)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not really
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Trace and inspect the wiring leading to the right tail light for any issues.If any issues are found with the wiring leading to it this can cause this fault here and would need repaired.If this is or was checked and found o.k. already let me know.

Usually with the heated seat issue the seat elements can burn out on the seats themselves and cause this fault here.If the seats failed at separate times from each other this is usually the cause and the elements will need checked/tested to see if any of them need replaced.If these both quit at the same time let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete