Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Dear mechanic from I have a question complicated; I have bmw

Customer Question

Hi dear mechanic from I have a question complicated; I have bmw e46 318ci cabriolet n42b20 coded. have been get the error of 2743 misfire cyl 3 + 2745 misfire cyl 2 + 274e random misfires and plus 2781 camshaft position sensor intake. the engine is surely attempting to die while cranking at cold starts. Please analyze this i am afraid it is original 81 k km, i beg to have it a a car collecter because i dont want to face serious problems of e46 the chasis which i love most
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: could it be about CPS only can cause misfires and etc.
JA: What year is your 318ti?
Customer: 2002 sir.
JA: Are you fixing your 318ti yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no i take it to the mechanic and he said we will delete the errors and try it soon about 1 week later we tried to get the codes but there is no code.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ok. 1.no power at low rpm 2. hard start at cold starts esp. in the morning 3. there has been a little smoke under the hood at cold starts too. dont know the place exactly and sorry for my bad english
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
4. very bad acceleration about 0-2500 rpm
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.
What has been checked and replaced so far?