Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

When locking the Ford Galaxy MK2 2005 up on the fob key it

Customer Question

When locking the Ford Galaxy MK2 2005 up on the fob key it locks up the two front doors diesel cap and the boot but don't look the two back doors it's the same if you use the key to open
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model of your '05 Ford?
Customer: Galaxy 1.9 diesel TDI
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes checked all wires in side doors and back tailgate was two were piched refixed them in drivers door the rest ok
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I all checked fuses all okay
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would just like to know that I have been charged twice for the same problem and I still have not yet seen any answers to the problem and if you are going to refund me i have paid £19.00 pound on the 4/9/16 and today £25.00 pound the 6/9/16 and still no answer all I get password *****'t match e mail if you could get back to me as soon as possible please or ring me to sort this out on***********
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the two back door locks are not operating as they should at all this can indicate a fault with the lock/latch assemblies themselves needing replaced as sometimes the actuators in them can fail as I have seen on several models.I would have the latch/actuators tested to see if this is the cause here for sure and replaced as needed to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  joseph-cssm replied 3 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/9wfpy-when-locking-ford-galaxy-mk2-2005-fob-key.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.