Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Central locking not working off the fob but sounds as if its

Customer Question

central locking not working off the fob but sounds as if its trying
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: new battery
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: rx8 2007
JA: Are you fixing your RX-8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuses and fob
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is only with one door that this is occuring with it may be that the door latch/actuator is at fault needing replaced.I have seen these fail before on several models in the past needing replaced for this fault here.If this is not what is occuring let me know.I can also try and walk you through some checks on this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete