Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

As per a previous conversation on here... I have a 2011

Customer Question

As per a previous conversation on here... I have a 2011 Outlander 2.2Did 4WD manual with miltilink rear suspension. The rear has sat down 25mm compared to the front. I'd like to lift the rear to at least the same as the front, but ideally, given my off road use, I'd like to lift the car all round by approx 25mm. Therefore raise the front 25mm and the rear 50mm from where it is now I'd like to do this with replacement springs to maintain as near ariginal appearance as possible
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: The dampers seem to be fine. I think it's just the springs on the rear are worn, I do some off roading and some towing
JA: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried the Grayston coil inserts, they din't make any difference
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've tried MAD suspension options, they have several kits for the outlander but no direct replacement springs for the miltilink rear suspension. That is ideally what I'm after
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately in some cases you may need to speak with more after market install facilities in your area to see if you can obtain a kit that will fit and work on your model here.Usually this is about the only option for this here.If this is or was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Good morning Pete,thanks for your reply. MAD are looking at their kits to try and establish if they have something to suit.
I have discussed this with a couple of spring manufacturers, each have said they can help and their prices are good, but they'd need the car for some time to measure the existing springs and establish loading etc. Unfortunately I can't be without the car for enough time, hence looking either for existing spring kits, or the existing spring dimensions etc.
I'm also looking at some car parts suppliers who offer "heavy duty" and "very heavy duty" springs for my car, I'm waiting for the to get back to me with definitions of heavy and very heavy...I'll let you know how I get on.Regards,Andy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately in some cases the company may need the vehicle to measure and inspect to get the correct kit for your model.I have seen this done before in the past and if they cannot help without seeing the vehicle this may be the only option here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Pete, while I appreciate the fact you've responded to my query, I haven't actually had any useful information from you yet.
As I explore my options with this I hope to run them by you for guidance, when I've had some useful information from you I'd be able to rate you more highly.
So I'm not ready to offer a review just yet.Thank youAndy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete