sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have just purchased a mk6 golf 1.6tdi se. When I viewed

Customer Question

I have just purchased a mk6 golf 1.6tdi se. When I viewed the car at the dealership it had no stereo in it. The car was taken for mot & it passed. The dealership got a new stereo & installed it. Now the windscreen wipers do not work when the car is stationary & the front washers don't work at all( rear works fine). The carr has been put on diagnostics & the only fault that comes up is no signal from sat nav. The new stereo does not have sat nav. Please advise
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also mileage & trip meter dissappear when mobile
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem may or may not be related to a radio being installed. It should not be if everything was done correctly, but if something was left unplugged or wiring was disturbed that should not have been then that may explain it.

Was it an actual Volkswagen dealer that did the work?

Was any actual testing done to try to determine the cause of the current issue?