sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Car will not start. If I press the start button, the air

Customer Question

Car will not start. If I press the start button, the air vents open, the dipped headlights come on and the windscreen wiper sweeps once. the dash lights come on briefly and go out. If I then press the break and attempt to start the car all the lights go out.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: FX 3L D 2011
JA: Are you fixing your FX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried locking the car checking ask doors are closed correctly and unlocking
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
modal is 2010 Jaguar FX 3.0 V6 Luxury
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you're describing low battery voltage or a connection issue. If the vehicle goes electrically dead when attempting to start the engine it's due to a low voltage condition.

If connections are clean and tight then the first thing I would recommend is either swapping in a known good battery or having this battery load tested.