Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast
Experience:  NA

I just bought a Volvo V70 1999 in the USA and shipped it to

Customer Question

I just bought a Volvo V70 1999 in the USA and shipped it to Curacao. It has a hard start. At first it was surging after starting but after changing the fuel filter and put injector cleaner in the tank it became better. Starting though is still a problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Once it starts is there exhaust smoke?

Any codes stored?

Does it have the long crank hard start issue with the engine cold or at operating temp or both?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Chris,
No their are no codes and it is not have exhaust smoke. The long crank is a little bit longer with a cold engine. By just little pressure on the gas pedal it start faster when hot.

My suggestion is new spark plugs, verify the battery cranking amps are efficient, use sea foam to fog the intake and combustion chambers, then clean the throttle body. Give those a shot and let me know if it is any better. Also does applying throttle when cold make it start sooner?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Chris,
The sparkplugs are new but they were black. Looks like missing some air in the combustion. The air filter is new too. Any other suggestions

Black plugs means it is running rich. That in connection with the hard start could implicate leaking injectors.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Chris,I checked the injectors and they are not leaking. The CCA of the batt is 650 and it is new

I have offered all I have. I will opt out and let another try.