Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

Mercedes 300e 24 fuel distributor problems

Customer Question

mercedes 300e 24 fuel distributor problems
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

if the injectors spray striaght away then its likely that the airflow meter on the distributor is set incorrectly and the plate is set open too far as the injectors should only spray when the plate is sucked open with airlfow from a running engine

this guide shows how to set the plate

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the plate is totally closed , i have changed the spring inside. when i got the car i notice the place wouldnt return to its closed position after i touch it with my fingers....
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

OK if the plate is sticking the this obviously won't help

you can also adjust the counterbalance to effect the neutral postition too so I'd look into that

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello, the plate is not sticking anymore i fixed already by replacing the spring inside.. and how about the mixture adjust bolt ? does it have something to do? is it possible that if this bolt is broken then injectors will keep spraying straight away ?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

yes the mixture adjust bolt is also worth moving as it offsets the whole mixture not just the idle speed

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i moved mixture and nothing changed fuel still spraying right after jump fuel pump. i have another fuel distributor so i switched them and that does not spray any gas when i jump start the fuel pump. im out of ideas, could both of my fuel distributors be bad ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i forgot to mention that another fuel distributor i have doesnt spray any gas even when i press the plate... and the other alot of gas spray without i press the plate