Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My immobiliser kicked in and now there's no lights on the

Customer Question

Hi. My immobiliser kicked in and now there's no lights on the dash.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Its nit the fuses. I had the key in the ignition turned with the lights on and when I went to turn the key up flashed the immobiliser warning. Now there are no lights coming on apart from an engine warning light .
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: Volvo v50 2.od 2007
JA: Are you fixing your V50 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried turning the key a few times and got a clicking sound.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't know what to do now. There's a burning snell too
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here can be due to an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen the ignition switch fail/act up in the past before cause this issue here.If you have not had this switch checked/tested at all this should be done to see if this switch is the cause here.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete