Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My Ford is loosing power when accelerating (going into limp

Customer Question

My Ford is loosing power when accelerating (going into limp mode). I went to the mechanic and tested the problem (P2263 turbo/ supercharger boost performance). He checked the EGR, the turbo actuator, the hose. Everything seemed ok. Then he took down the turbo and the variable vanes were ok, and the turbo has no issue. The DBF it's new so that should be out of the question. We don't know what the problem is and why the ECU turns down the boost from the turbo
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: just changed the fuel filter, oil filter and air filter and drove just 1000 km since
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Ford Galaxy Mk3 - 2006. 1.9 tdi
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no. I would like to send it to another mechanic, but i would really hope they won't tell me to change the turbo (or any other parts) if that is not really the issue
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't know it this could be related but, the display on the board goes of from time to time
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If these mechanical components were tested and all found to be o.k. this may be an issue with a turbo boost pressure sensor itself.I have seen this type of sensor fail before on several models and cause this issue here needing replaced.If this was not checked/tested at all this needs done.If this is o.k. or was already replaced let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete