Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

Saab 93 aero turbo 2.0 2002. Car in reverse steering not

Customer Question

Saab 93 aero turbo 2.0 2002. Car in reverse steering not locked. Key won't turn. Car is manual. Pls help
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is almost always caused by a bad ISM, ignition switch module, we do alot of them, do you have a scanner to read the codes and datastream?

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.

do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do we fix it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Tim. No don't have a scanner. I'm a private owner . Agent's want to charge me a fortune just to look at it. Should I just purchase a new module? Where is it situated
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.

It is in the console, right at the key cylinder, you could just replace it, but it should be diagnosed first, the scanner is used to command the ISM to unlock the ignition switch, if it does not with the scanner, then the ISM will need to be replaced, like I said, it usually is the ISM, we do alot of them, we also disaasemble them, and clean the contacts, and sometimes that works, but to be sure, replacing it is the best solution,Tim

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks TimWill take it to a dealer for them to scan and checkRegards
Garry