Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Can you see the post I'm reading? 2013 Cruze, I did an

Customer Question

can you see the post I'm reading?
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2013 Cruze
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did an software update on the SDM (using SPS thru an MDI) because the car had some issues where SI directed to update all modules to the latest OS, since that I have the same problem as the origin post here, I cant do the enabling deployment loops procedure
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm using GDS2 for diagnostics
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Double check the calibration numbers to make sure all software was installed properly and that the correct software for this model and year were installed.In some cases this can cause a fault like this here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. already let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cal Info Numbers shown in SPS Info match the numbers shown in SPS when programming. See also the attached error message when doing the "Setup" procedure after the programming procedure
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

This issue here may be due to an internal electrical fault in the air bag computer itself.It may have failed internally after the software was installed.I have seen some fail like this before in the past with it needing replaced to correct this fault here.

It looks like all programming is o.k. so this sounds like a possible internal electrical fault in the control module with it needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete