sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Turns over tries to start but nothing Has wringing sound

Customer Question

turns over tries to start but nothing Has wringing sound under front wing
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yep it turns over
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: 2006 2l HDI
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked for fuel, only the whirring sound under the wing when the engine isn't running is is unusual
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Can you describe this noise to me a little further and is it occuring with the key on or off and did it start to occur when the no start occurred as well here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete Thanks for coming back the Werring sound is comming from under the Drivers side wheel arch where a pump resides and it comes on stays on after initial Cranking and switch is left on
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Your welcome

Does your model have air suspension at all?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No air suspension
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

This is a difficult one for me to answer from here as my info is limited and I cannot see what this pump is.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a no start condition. You may be missing spark due to a number of electrical issues, you could have a cam timing issue, fuel contamination, or low fuel pressure.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?