Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Engine light cam on car was running fine next morning would

Customer Question

engine light cam on car was running fine next morning would not start, pluged in analizer EGR fault, replaced with new one and activated fault code P1380 glow plug module control circuit changed the big silver relay and checked EGR valve again still getting code P1380
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on
JA: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: 2005 9-5 2.2 TID
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all fuses also changed vacuum pipes as they were cracked
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: cant think of anything
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any damaged or corroded wiring on the engine leading to the egr components as well as the glow plug relay and/or control unit.If any wiring damage is found it will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or was checked already and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete