Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I picked up a Peugeot 307cc yesterday, the roof worked. but

Customer Question

I picked up a Peugeot 307cc yesterday, the roof worked. but when I got to the garage the battery was flat, this was charged up, and on my way some 2 hours later. Got home and the roof wont open now. The boot all comes up fine, and it is trying to open, but then says a message on the screen that the roof has a mechanical fault. Would it be anything to do with the lack of power when the battery was flat, a reset or something????
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually the roof system needs relearned/initialized after power loss like this here.In some cases rolling the windows down and back up relearns it but on other models this will require a dealers or similar scan tool to relearn this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete