Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

My transit cut out whilst driving, seems to have fuel

Customer Question

My transit cut out whilst driving, seems to have fuel pumping through, turning over fine won't restart
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: Original pump
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Y reg
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 2001 I believe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Released fuel links to engine block fuel is pumping through there has been talk of a cam shaft sensor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Haven't checked fuses yet
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I have seen issues with the crank sensor on most models as most model engines are equipped with that can cause a fault like this here needing replaced.If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set this needs done.If any codes are set the codes will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.I would check the engine cranking rpm data on a scan tool to see if it shows rpm when cranking over the engine when this issue occurs.If it does not usually this can be the crank sensor itself as the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete