Richard, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  12 years as a technician at a Ford and Jaguar dealer Ford and Jaguar factory certified

P1707 -park/neutral initialisation fault Jaguar XF 2010 3

Customer Question

p1707 -park/neutral initialisation fault Jaguar XF 2010 3 litre desiel any idea on how to cure
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

This is usually a faulty transmission range sensor, but I need the vin number to pull the schematics to confirm and walk you thru any testing

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi and thanks for getting backThe vin number is *****The gearbox was working fine until the fitting of a new engineIt needed towing with the manual releaseA small amount of gearbox leaked out when changing engine from cooler but topped upDrove me car about half mile with new engine all worked fine then in morning got the fault codeThe p code is p1707 -park/neutral initialisationHope this helpsBest regardsBob
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Please check the manual park release. Pop off the silver trim just in front of the console and make sure the emergency ark release handle and cable is fully down and tight.