sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

The front windscreen wipers packed up last nigth, first

Customer Question

Hi the front windscreen wipers packed up last nigth, first thought is a blown fuse, just wondering where that is, couldn't find it labelled on first check. 53 plate Micra
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes one under bonnet, one inside the car by my right knee drivers side
JA: What is the model of your '53 Nissan?
Customer: 1.4 diesel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes hoping to fix if it is fuse, vehicle was recovered by rac as on m1 last night and he looked at both fuse boxes but couldnt establish which fuse it was
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no thats it really
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've checked what I think are the right fuses and they all seem ok, must be something else, maybe the motor. The wash works but they wipers don't - tried that with a couple of different fuses.Sorry to have bothered you.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

Unfortunately I don't have a wiring diagram for this vehicle but if you've verified there are fuses blown then you can move on from there. The next step would be to test for power and ground at the wiper motor, odds are it has failed. Can you check for power and ground at the motor using a test light?