sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a Mondeo Mk4 2008. I had a problem with the cruise

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a Mondeo Mk4 2008. I had a problem with the cruise control buttons on the side of the steering wheel, which I have fixed. But in fixing this I had to disconnect the battery so that the steering wheel didn't lock. This enabled me to turn the steering wheel so that I could get to the three air bag clips.
JA: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?
Customer: The problem I have is that after all this my steering wheel is slightly off-centre
JA: What is the model of your '08 Ford?
Customer: Mondeo Mk4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I haven't tried anything so far
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no don't think so
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello an welcome to JustAnswer!

Replacing cruise control switches wouldn't have affected the steering wheel position. Unless a steering or suspension component was removed or the steering wheel removed and forced back on in an incorrect position against the dead spline, the steering wheel position wouldn't have been affected. Incorrect toe is most likely what is causing the wheel to not be straight, an inspection of the steering components will need to be done and then an alignment performed.