Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

T5 Transporter 4motion gearbolts removed but cannot seperate

Customer Question

T5 Transporter 4motion gearbolts removed but cannot seperate more than 10-15 mm. Seems stuck on "rear side" of gearbox. How to separate gearbox from engine?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and see if there are ay guide pins holding it in place as these can bind.If this is or has been checked let me know.In some cases using a pry bar in between carefully will help free it up off of the guide pins.Let me know if this was the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No guide pins. Its out about 10-15 mm. Using pray bar as well.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Can you see anything binding it at all at the top or bottom or sides or rear?