Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have a 11 fault code coming up on my display can you

Customer Question

I have a 11 fault code coming up on my display can you inform me of what this means
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Depending on what the faults are this usually indicates that one or more computers has detected a fault and the fault codes need read out/checked with a compatible scan tool that can read all codes in your model here.Once the codes are read out they can be diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This is usually done by a repair facility that can read the fault codes in your model as well as has the diagnostic procedure on how to diagnose and repair them.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Pete iv got a Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci on a 54 plate and can't start it as when the key goes into the ignition and you turn to position two the red padlock/car light flashes for around a minute and then gives me a 1/1 flash sequence not sure what this indicates but if you could find out and let me know that would be great thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

This light flashing like this here indicates that the security system has engaged on your model.This causes the no start you are seeing here.This is usually due to the immobilizer itself that is not able to read the key needing replaced or the key itself in some cases.In some cases all that is needed is a simple reprogram.

Unfortunately what has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.If it does need a relearn usually this needs done by a dealer or authorized repair center.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete