sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have random but persistent transmission problems. Mostly

Customer Question

I have random but persistent transmission problems. Mostly the engine goes to 3000 to4000 rpm when braking. Tonight, the Error message and fault said Transmission limited the car would drive until the engine was turned off
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 40,000
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No - it has been twice to the Ford Dealer who claim they cannot replicate the fault. Question - will the error message be logged on the car computer??
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this here.If the engine is revving this high when braking this usually indicates a vaccum leak.The computer should log a fault code with the tranumis sion warning you see now.I would have the codes checked with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set and those codes diagnosed and repaired.
Unfortunately in some cases a dealer has to duplicate the fault to be able to diagnose and repair it and I have had to ask my customers if I can hold onto their vehicle for a day or more to duplicate and repair the fault.This may have to be done if you can do this.I suspect a possible vacuum leak at brake booster or intake when braking.Let me know if you need anything else.Feel free to rate my help,a 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
A vacuum in where? This evening there was an amber coloured fault - which said Transmission limited - go the garage soonest (last bit from manual)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is your telephone number to call you on??
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There are a number of different symptoms that all point to gearbox/auto transmission problems - these symptons occurred ob Day 1 of my purchase.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this myself.I will have to open your question for others here to see if anyone can assist further on this.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have just paid £25 in the last few minutes but then got transferred to another expert and can go no further until paid AGAIN
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?