Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

I have an older model Toyota Yaris and just recently water

Customer Question

Hi I have an older model Toyota Yaris and just recently water has been dripping on my foot as I drive and also on the passenger side. I thought it might be something to do with AC and cleaned out a drainage pipe but no blockage air filter looks good too. Just not sure what it could be.
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: It's coming below the dash from middle console area it's a clear liquid and it's cold doesn't smell of anything
JA: What year is your Yaris?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I'm no expert but I removed a water drainage pipe from below glove box on passenger side cleaned it no blockage I also took off glove door and opened air filter box shook it out but of leaf stuff not sure what else I can do
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No water dripping under car
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is Peter and happy to assist you with your question. Well you did the right thing to check the drain hose first but in doing so hope you reattached it properly to the tray. now the next thing is to make sure the actual part that the hose is connected to at bottom of tray is not plugged. To do this you can do it oneof two ways, remove the hose from inside and run a small wire in it , or from the bottom blow some air back through it. if water then comes out you got it. but if all said and done water does not come out I would then suspect your windshield needs resealing, the sealing compound sometimes dries out and starts to leak. to check this simply lye under the dash in an area where most water is present and use a battery flash light to watch for water as you have another person spray water all around the windshield moldings. if you see water coming in then the windshield needs resealing that can be done by your local auto glass people. Hope this helps your problem. if your happy with my answer please rate it, thank you. If you require more assistance I'll be happy to do so.