Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have a Dyane 6. It starts fine but when the engine warms

Customer Question

I have a Dyane 6. It starts fine but when the engine warms it starts to race (increase in the tickover speed) And if I stop it is hard to start again
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any vacuum leaks on the engine as this will cause this fault here.If there are any leaks this will cause increase in engine speed as well as hard start and these leaks may be a leaking gasket sucking in air when warm.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for getting back to me, as I was getting concerned that there had been no response.The Dyane has exactly the same engine as a Citroen 2CV deux cheveaux. the same car but slightly bigger and air cooled and I cannot see any leaks from the gasket. And it had recently been serviced so I presume that this problem would have been it the carburater jet? I was hoping with this site that I would be in contact with someone who knew the 2CV as is is such a popular collectors car.PeterI cant see
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately my info is limited on this model here and I had seen no one had posted any help and wanted to see if I could help in any way on this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete