Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Nissan QD 32 3.2 diesel engine problems wont rev above 1500,

Customer Question

nissan QD 32 3.2 diesel engine problems wont rev above 1500
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 1998 about 2 years ago
JA: What is the model of your '98 Nissan?
Customer: Elgrand
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new maf
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: has been standing 4 a time not useed much
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the fuel filter was never checked or replaced this can restrict and cause this fault here.I have had to replace several fuel filters in the past before for issues like this here.If this was already checked into or replaced and did not correct the fault here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete