sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 51 plate fiesta van won't start, I've been through

Customer Question

Hi my 51 plate fiesta van won't start, I've been through everything, put a new starter motor on the car. I managed to get it started by jumping the starter motor directly, any ideas on what the problem is?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's going to take some electrical testing to determine what you have going on. You could have a bad ignition switch, starter relay, a wiring or possibly a security related issue.

Do you see a security light flashing or staying on when trying to start the engine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, yeah thought it must be something to do with the above! The immobiliser light is not being consistant one minuet it reads fine the next it acts like there is a problem! I've sent it in for a diagnostics test now
Let me know how it goes!