sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

How do u rewire a new cig lighter with bulb on a clio

Customer Question

how do u rewire a new cig lighter with bulb on a clio
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm not certain exactly what you're attempting to do based on the little bit of information in your post. It looks as though you're wanting to power a bulb using the circuits to the cigarette lighter, which would just be a matter of connecting the bulb to the power and ground wires in the lighter connector.

What kind of bulb are you trying to power?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no the new cig lighter has got different conections.......how do I wire it up?

I don't have a way of knowing how it needs to be wired without seeing both or having an exact description of what is different.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the one in the car has a green and yellow wire in the middle and a black wire each side of it......I have cut the connecter off and I am left with the three wires......on the new cig lighter, it has three spads in the middle and a bulb to one side with a black and red wires attached.......whitch wire goes where?

The black wire should be ground and the other power. You can use a test light to be sure. On the new lighter you'll need to follow the instructions that came with it or visually identify where power and ground will go. The outer shell of the socket is ground and power will go to the center terminal in the end.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
if there was instructions with it...what the bloody hell ..would I be on here for.....so that's it????????????????//
There is either instructions or a diagram with it or you're left to your own mechanical ability to determine what needs to be done when purchasing it. I don't have the item in front of me nor the brand and part number. If you're unable to supply a photo, exact item specifics, and are unable to determine on your own where the wires go without allowing me to help then I would recommend seeking professional help in person. I wouldn't recommend attempting electrical modifications if inexperienced.