virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

Abs light on error code says right rear so changed the wheel

Customer Question

Abs light on error code says right rear so changed the wheel speed sensor but the light is still on
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Just the abs
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2004 3.5 petrol sorento
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed the right rear wheel speed sensor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's all I have I have reseated all the relays and fuses
Category: UK Car
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So there are two possibilities as to why the code came back,
1) the tone ring that the abs sensor reads is damaged
2) the wiring or connector going to the sensor is damagedCheck the wiring out closely and check the connector that there are no loose terminals or corroded pins.Let me know what you find and I'll continue to help.Thanks
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.