Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Have DTC P0120 with symptom code 0C on a 2008 Vauxhall

Customer Question

Have DTC P0120 with symptom code 0C on a 2008 Vauxhall Movano. Do you know where I can obtain detailed information on the system to determine possible causes and confirm whether this relates to the pedal or a throttle valve?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Code is: P0120, Symptom 0C. It's stored rather than present...
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's part of an investigation into a road traffic collision
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The engine might have run-away, i.e. overspeeded
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
To clarify, I need to establish causes(s) of this DTC and understand whether it related to a throttle valve (does the Movano with G9U 650 engine have a throttle valve and how does it operate?) or related to the pedal potentiometer. I purchased an engine manual from emanualonline, but it was of little assistance!
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Usually this code pertains to the throttle position sensor on the throttle body itself.If you have not had this checked into/tested at all this needs done to see if this is a faulty throttle position sensor needing replaced.Unfortunately my info is not covering the full diagnostics of this code on your model here and I saw no one else had posted any info on this to help so I hope this helps in some way.I suspect throttle position sensor or throttle body as the cause needing replaced as this is usually what causes this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete