Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Engine starts and runs, as soon as it hits 1200 rpm, pedal

Customer Question

engine starts and runs, as soon as it hits 1200 rpm, pedal goes to the floor and vehicle wont rev/cuts out. Problem only started after we replaced gearbox. Comes up with fault code 1808. Put new cam sensor on but still the same, found wiring issues with injectors so repaired them
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Changed camshaft sensor. Fault code 1808
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2004 1.9 dci
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed sensor and checked wiring loom
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing i can think of
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since you had damaged wiring leading to and at the injector this may have damaged the engine computer internally to where it needs replaced.I have seen the engine computer damaged in the past before for issues like this here.I would have this checked into/tested further to see if this is the cause needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete