Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2005 Mercedes 313cdi with sprintshift Box which

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Mercedes 313cdi with sprintshift Box which occaisional drops in to manual only 1-6 but with reduced power, usually after a long run or one with lots of gearchanges, normally stopping and restarting it cures the fault however on an arduous cross country 800km drive today the box played up by either staying in Neutral after coming to a standstill refusing to select any gears but switch off and re start after 5-10 mins cleared the fault, tonight after leaving for 1 hr and a short 1km drive in auto (all gears working fine) reversed in to a parking space and now shes stuck in reverse I noticed the externall hydraulic pump which usually whirs into life when first inserting key was unusually quiet any thoughts greatly appreciated
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like an electrical component at fault in the transmission like a solenoid or sensor acting up needing replaced.I have seen electrical issues similar to this before that reset the fault once the key is cycled off and back on.I would have the electronics tested in the transmission to see if a fault can be found with a sensor or solenoid needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete thanks for your efforts sadly it gave up on me completely today on a motorway so I need up getting recovered to a main dealer who diagnosed the problem as a failed hydraulic pump which was not providing enough pressure for the actuators to function correctly so sadly your response was incorrect however I cannot blame you for lacking knowledge on this particular vehicle