Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Car gives a chug every 10 to 20 seconds below 50 miles an

Customer Question

car gives a chug every 10 to 20 seconds below 50 miles an hour more at less speeds doesnt do it on hard exeloration or above 50 cruises great also very strong fumes when putting heater or fan on
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: coolent good no sight of leaks must add egr valve just replaced as code was up and thot chugging would stopwhen replased but no and no codes showing also air and fuel filters replaced
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: 307 110 hdi 206 plate
JA: What year is your Peugeot?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: iv got a years waranty which the garage replaced egr valve under they say they cant find why its chugging and smelly dont really thinnk they are great with diesels
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: cant think of anything else
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be an issue with one or more of the fuel injectors either not allowing enough fuel into a cylinder or to much.To much fuel can cause a smell like this here as well as an exhaust leak can cause a smell.If the fuel system and exhaust system was not checked/tested this needs done to see if the fault can be located needing repaired.If this was already checked into and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete