Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

2006 mustang V6 getting codes P0132 and P0152, running

Customer Question

2006 mustang V6 getting codes P0132 and P0152, running rough, changed the FP rail sensor, new hego's and ECU but no luck so far. any I dea what I should check?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you have a scanner to read the millivolts of the o2 sensors?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes I can with the IDS I guess?, what do you want to read me, open loop or closed loop?

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

with the key on, engine off, both upstream o2 sensors should read below 100 millivolts, do they?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

is says1.66 Volt on both upstream sensors

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

Ok, then this isn the problem, unplug both the upstream o2 sensors, and see if the reading drops below 100 millivolts, on the scanner, can you do this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Same result Tim, 1.66V on both sensors

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

ok, then there is a problem between the sensors and the computer, we see alot where moisture gets into the connector at the computer, and it will cause a small voltage bleed of to the wires going to the sensors, can you remove the connectors at the computer and clean them off and blow them out and see if the voltage drops to below 100 millivolts?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

wich connector should I have the upper, middle or lower?

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

lower

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ok, well I cleaned all 3 of them but no result still1.66V

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

then you need to ohm out both wires betwen the ecu and the sensors, check for both an open circuit and a short to ground, it hs to be either a bad wire, or the ecu you replaced is defective, nothing else,Tim

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ok let me try that, thanks.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim