Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

2002 a4 audi 1.8t hesitant to take reverse, rebuild the TCM

Customer Question

2002 a4 audi 1.8t hesitant to take reverse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: rebuild the TCM that is it and replace a circuit board under the shif
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that is it
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out with a fully compatible scan tool this needs done to see what codes are set with this issue.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

I have seen wiring and connection issues leading to or at the transmission cause this type of fault needing repaired or replaced.I have also seen internal component failure in the transmission cause this needing removed and repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete