Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

2006 VM Jumbo Transit Van, central locking on rear door no

Customer Question

2006 VM Jumbo Transit Van, central locking on rear door no longer working when press fob all other doors lock and the horn sounds. If I lock the rear door from inside then press lock on fob all works as normal including indicators flash with second press
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: yes as it locks the rest of the doors fine
JA: Are you fixing your VM Jumbo Transit Van yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, nothing as yet as not sure where to look fist. I am thinking the actuator has failed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the rear door latch/actuator.I have seen some of these fail in the past before needing replaced for this exact issue here and this is common.I suspect yours needs replaced.It would be a good idea to have this tested to make sure this is the cause here before having it replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete