Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Slk 230k year 2000 roof fails to close, worked okay to open

Customer Question

slk 230k year 2000 roof fails to close
JA: What are all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. noises, leaks, flashing lights, error codes)?
Customer: worked okay to open went to close nothing
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tested all fuses checked cover on boot micro switch
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: yes under bonnet and end dash panel
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have a flashing light at the switch or any messages on the dash this may be a fault with one of the micro switches sending an incorrect signal needing replaced.I would have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

If there is no light flashing or messages on the dash this may be a fault with the switch itself or possibly the motor that controls the top.You would still need to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set and from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete