Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Cruise Control Light Flashes and Engine light on but not

Customer Question

Cruise Control Light Flashes and Engine light on but not flashing.
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Cruise Control does not work at all now
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: legacy Type R Spec B 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will try tomorrow if its simple
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Started last week on drive back from cornwall after getting gas, did not come on on Sunday when my son drove to manchester, but back on today
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

With the check engine light on this can disable the cruise control or there may be a fault with one of the cruise control components that is causing the check engine light to come on.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done with a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.

I have seen sensors fail on the engine and in some cases for the cruise control that will cause this fault here needing replaced.But since there are so many different sensors and components that can cause this fault here you will need to have the codes checked to help locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete