Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

It is a 2000 accored hatch back, rear wiper come on evry

Customer Question

It is a 2000 accored hatch back, rear wiper come on evry time I engage rear gear evn when front wiper is turned off.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Yes. Try pulling the fuse out and find out the front electric window stopped working as aell as rear wiper.
JA: What is the model of your '00 Honda?
Customer: Accord 1.8 i hatch back.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Been to 6 diffence garages and a honda dealer, no one seem to be able to tell what the problem is but yet I see quite a few people on line having the same problem.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Once a friend of mind did some work on it for me and when I got the ca back, the rear siper stopped acting up but it soon came back after about 4 days.
Also recently my garge is telling me the emission i just a bit over the legal limit but ther is nothing they can do????
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what I can tell here it looks like the drivers multi plex control unit controls the rear wiper and windows and if this has an internal electrical fault this issue will occur like this here.If this has not been checked/tested this needs done to see if it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete