Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I drive won't work usually just has the bmw on screen,

Customer Question

i drive won't work usually just has the bmw on screen, sometimes menu but can't select, see red light on most bus at ask unit , not sure what's wrong
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: On fibre input at ask unit
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: E66 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Used a fibre lollipop to loop out logic 7 sat nav and all the modules in the Lhs of the boot seems the most bus is sending the light to the ask but the I drive won't come on
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No not really , sometimes if the ask let's me eject a cd the I drive works but very rare
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My mobile is in UK***********
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like an internal electrical fault with the idrive or idrive components needing replaced.You will need to have this tested further to be sure of the cause here and once this has been done then it can be repaired to correct this fault.This may need tested/checked by a dealer or repai center in your area that can work on this model here to test this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete