Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Oilcooler was broken but not possible to get a mechanic at

Customer Question

Hi, oilcooler was broken but not possible to get a mechanic at the Volvo due to holiday, was forced to drive almost thousand miles and we got towed 20 miles from our home when the coolant was cooking. Managed to get all Grey water and oil sauce out apart from the heater core. Turbo is not charging got code P0244 on my ob2 scanner. I think the turbo is blocked with the same Grey oil sauce.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: Replaced the oilcooler myself and there was never any water in the engine oil.
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2000 miles ago including oil filter.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a Xc70 D5 2005 model.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The car runs fine again and does not overheat but no heating and no boost meaning it's very weak compared to normal. I suppose I have to take out the turbo and heat core? To clean both once out.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You may have to remove both to clean them to correct this here.It is also possible that both may be damaged needing replaced for this issue here as well.These will need checked to see if cleaning corrects them and if it does not then I suspect they may have been damaged needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well.... I paid 24 Euros for that answer! Never Again! I thought I would speak to a real Volvo mechanic, I already removed the heat core and checked the turbo before you even answered. Refund of my 24 euro is what I expect from you now.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you would like I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Refund please.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I will send this to customer service.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thx because this is not ok.