john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, mechanic
Experience:  ase mechanic

My truck wont start just replaced the batteri because i

Customer Question

hi my truck wont start just replaced the batteri because i thought that was the problem and i can drive it if i jump start it with cables
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: could be
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2007 sport trac
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yeas i live in the country side so its 100km to next repairshop
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i just put in a new batteri
Category: UK Car
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 2 months ago.

have you tested the battery to see if it is holding a charge? if the battery is holding a charge then the next step is to have the starter tested as it may have an excessive draw and if this is the case the starter would need replacement. most auto part stores will test the battery and the starter for free while its in the vehicle. i highly recommend this. its likely the starter even though it starts with a jump its likely drawing too much juice which is why it will crank with the extra power from the jumper cables

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you