Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Experience:  fully qualified ford senior technician. ata registerd. svq level 3 .12 years experience

Al van dorrs are locked dont cental locking does not work

Customer Question

al van dorrs are locked dont cental locking does not work can not open any doors only driver door with the key
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: yes once a few months back local mechanic checked it out and got it to work after a lot of cost and hassle
JA: What year is your Van Dorrs?
Customer: 2008 ford transit medium panal van
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checed fuses what i can see resetting the fob in the ignition turning it more than 8 times with in 10 seconds
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: my last mechanic says he checked all the wiring loom and fuse they had the riht voltage and all were working but some thin about connetors were faulty which he cleaned and refitted that got it working
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 months ago.
Hi there good afternoon To you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist/ offer you advice you to todayOk can you firstly check fuse 78 in the passengers fusebox as this is the most common cause of central locking issues this powers all the central locking relays
Do you know what plugs he cleaned refitted as the drivers door A pillar suffers corrosion but won't impact the passengers doorKindest regards ***** *****