Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

The ARS system is on from time to time and the throttle is

Customer Question

The ARS system is on from time to time and the throttle is feels Heavy. It disperse once you start again.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: It is a new battery , no problem with that
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 1991
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, it started yeterday
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The soft top is not locking on the front when closing the top, it has to be engaged by hex key. do I need to change the looking device?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.In some cases this can be an issue with wiring to the ASR components needing repaired or replaced.If you have not had the wiring checked for any issues this needs done as well here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The ASR have not turned on any more, lets hope it stays that way. The other question was regarding the closing of the soft top. the front locking devices are not engaging and need to be locked manually with the hex key. Can anything be repaired or do I need to change the devices ?
magnus
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Usually this is the latches at the top that need replaced to correct this here.I have run into this before with the latches needing replaced for this issue.You would want to have this tested to make sure this is the cause before replacing them but this can be most common.On some models the latches use a micro switch to send a signal to latch the top latches and this may be defective needing replaced.

Thanks Pete