Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

We had roof rails fitted on our ceed estate and need to move

Customer Question

Hi we had roof rails fitted on our ceed estate and need to move the back one forward but dont know how to ?
JA: What year is your Fitted?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: They were only fitted on the car yesterday, we open the locking device with the black allen key but no budge
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No its brand new from the kia dealership
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some models the lock has to be loosened or removed as well as the hold down bolts to adjust them but in some cases they are non adjustable and have to be mounted the way they are now.I would see if you can loosen the hold downs for them and see if this then allows them to adjust.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete